It Bears Repeating

Quote it. Note it. Share it. Repeat.

5.18.2008

I Am Curious George

I've loved Curious George all my life. First, he is a monkey, and monkeys are inherently fascinating and hip. Second, he is curious. Gets himself into trouble galore, but never because he's truly "naughty," but rather because he is just plain curious. Then again, his curiosity is what makes him lovable and memorable. Without it, he'd just be George, a primate being illegally housed by a rather strange fellow who insists on wearing only yellow. The curiosity makes him an icon.

I wouldn't place myself in "icon" status (yet--I mean, c'mon, I'm not even 30 yet), but I do relate to that little monkey in the boundless curiosity and fascination he had with the world and creatures around him. And I'm in good company, as Frederic Premji at BlogMotivation points out in his 22 Great Quotes On Curiosity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home